High Street Sampling With True Nopal Outside Waitrose Stores
Introducing a new product to busy consumers with a high street sampling campaign outside Waitrose stores. That was the challenge True Nopal presented the team at Link Communication when they wanted to launch their new health conscious and environmentally friendly cactus water.
- Promotional sip sampling of chilled tasters of the newly launched True Nopal Cactus Water, to drive sales into convenience retailer Waitrose’s high street stores across central and Greater London.
- Creation of a portable sampling cart which houses bulk quantities of stock, chills the drinks down in a large centrally mounted ice chest and displays the brand messaging.
- Team of three enthusiastic brand ambassadors engage C-retail shoppers passing and on their way into the Waitrose stores, to show people real cactus fruits, explain the health messaging regarding the drink and offer a sip sample to try.
- After trying the sample, customers are directed to the stock location in store and offered a special on the day ‘buy one get one free deal’ where they come back out to show the team if they have made a purchase, where they are gifted a full carton of promotional stock by the team, as a BOGOF reward.
- The sampling campaign started with a five week trial, that expanded to 16 weeks on completion of week two, due to the phenomenal sales results generated.
- From the very first day, the previously average selling C-stores achieved double and triple sales uplifts, rocketing their position to the top selling stores for the brand.
- Additional activity also includes mass scale train station sampling days and new listing acquisition, selling and seeding the stock into new convenience retailers, independents, catering outlets and lifestyle venues.