Oleo Cosmetic Product Demonstrations with AR Filter
- Creation of an interactive video booth with mounted touchscreens
- Shoppers primarily aged 35-60 invited to share their hair story
- Consumers enter the booth and record a message for the camera
- Enable experimentation of their hair personality with colour filters
- Share button allows them to share direct to social media with a tag
- Once recorded they immediately activate a free sample pack
- Activity on national tour of busy Asda & Sainsburys superstores
Flagship Supermarket Tour
- The team set up the event area in front of flagship Tesco, Asda & Sainsburys with some stand alone stores and some attached to shopping malls to drive mass brand visibility and sales.
- Activation on peak shopping days of Thu / Friday / Saturday / Sunday provided immediate and sustained measurable sales uplifts in the stores.
- With the use of paid for event sites booked with the retailers and site owners, the demo activities had a coverage across four different supermarkets per week for three weeks that led to the successful customer engagements.
Shopping Mall Tour
- Flagship Boots and Superdrug stores were selected near retailer head offices on peak shopping days (Fri, Sat, Sun) for the sales activation.
- Boots @ Victoria Shopping Centre in Nottingham and Superdrug @ Bluewater Mall in Kent were used for the demonstration activities of the NPD.
- The event sites were situated directly in front of respective store entrances to engage with potential customers and encourage them to make the purchase.
Impulse Sales Activation
- Special sales deal was used on live event day, using promo offer like BOGOF gifted outside of store by event team after purchase by the consumers.
- All purchases went through the tills in store, with gifting on exit for transparency and security along with the interchangeable signage showing the aisle position in each store.
- The demo team grabbed the opportunity to uplift stock to targeted stores via retail NAMs and Managers on the day.
Augmented Reality (AR) Hair Colour Filters and Social Media Videos
- The AR filter and Instagram promo page was created for Oleo to use during the tour.
- Consumers were encouraged to change their hair colour / style based on an augmented reality filter off an app, record the video, which was then shared to Oleo Insta page with consumer tagged.
- The team encouraged consumers to re-share videos on their personal pages to activate rewards. This led to the mass posting and sharing to the brand hashtag and scaled brand growth online.