Fulfil Nutrition: Safe Sampling at Suburban Area Supermarkets & Parks
Link Communication have effectively supported Fulfil Nutrition’s sampling activities since their launch in to the UK in 2015. This year, Covid changed their plans for attending athletic events, fun runs, consumer shows and city centres, so Link helped them devise a new plan reaching athletically conscious consumers – in summer 2020, after Lock Down.
Their existing sampling truck (AKA Big Phil), portable sampling trays and uniforms were upgraded to include new remit of ‘Covid Safe Demonstration Equipment’ equipment; and toured across the UK, reaching into busy suburban high street stockists and urban area parks right across London, the South Coast and major cities of the UK.
To make it completely safe, the sampling campaign includes the following safety measures:
- Clear screen fitted to the sampling van and portable trays
- Clear face masks
- Disposable gloves
- Health checked sampling staff
- While wrapped bar samples
- Samples served via the hatch on the van or the tray
- Hand sanitiser dispenser offered for use
- Distancing queue signage
- A marked area on the floor for customers to stand on
- 1m+ distancing maintained at all times.
The activity included:
- Retailer Merchandising Visits: To Tesco, Sainsburys, M&S, Co-op to check on the availability of stock on shelf, correct wide ranging display and pricing issues – and provide the store staff with free samples and Fulfil branded promotional gifts.
- Urban Area Parks & Gyms: Parking up the attention grabbing sampling truck in the main enttrance areas to the popular parks and busy gyms around demographically aligned urban areas, for sampling and social media in the mornings.
- Suburban High Street Stockists: Re-locating the truck from lunchtime onwards to the local suburban area high streets, for sampling directly in front of and around Tesco, Sainsburys and other leading grocery stockists, with a BOGOF promotional offer to incentivise impule purchases.