BERTINET BAKERY AT WAITROSE
- Create immediate and sustained retails sales growth for Bertinet Bakery in Waitrose.
- Engage shoppers and convert retail purchases.
- distribute taste samples to customers to create immediate sales throughout the day.
The Equipment – Maximising Brand Visibility
- A fully branded sampling cart was created to ensure bold impact for all locations, being made out of wood to match the look and feel of a traditional bakery, with a large Bertinet logo on the roof to be seen far and wide.
- A Portable FSDU was created for in-store display with a large backboard displaying the Bertinet Bakery logo and campaign slogan.
- The sampling team wore matching, branded t-shirts, coats and aprons all matching Bertinet’s colours of white and navy blue, spreading the brand name and logo wherever they went and allowing for comfortable sampling in all weathers.
- The team sampled at Waitrose stores across Bristol and London.
- The stores were chosen for maximum reach in the target area, allowing the team to sample at 4 different stores a week
- Sampling directly outside Waitrose, where many of the stores are on highstreets, allowed the team to also sample to non-Waitrose customers walking past. Increasing sampling output and brand outreach,
- Customers received samples of Bertinet’s Malted, Seeded, and White Sourdough.
- If customers made a purchase of those products in store, they received a whole loaf for free from the sampling stand.
- The overall feedback was very positive with most customers saying they enjoyed the taste.
- Many Waitrose staff were converted through the sampling, saying they had seen the bread in store but never tried it until the sample.
- Parents with young children enjoyed that they could make sure their kids liked the bread before buying it.
Sales and samples
- The team engaged with over 22,850 shoppers and gave out 19,450 samples. An 85% acceptance rate!
- An average of 8% of customers who tried a sample made a purchase in store. The Target was 3-5%
- An average of 54 units were sold per day from an average of 694 samples.